Work out something about bush fires you can help with, from prevention to detection to recovery.
Chat with your fellow Firestormers about all the different issues facing people living and working in bush fire prone areas – including the Fire Services – and what needs to be done about them. Here are some challenges you could consider:
- Prevent fires happening in the first place
- Slow fires from spreading
- Make sure communities are well prepared
- Warn people that a fire threatens
- Enhancing firefighter safety
- Fighting fires in inaccessible areas
- Supporting vulnerable people during fires
- Rebuilding communities and recovering from fires
Now, agree together what challenge you want to overcome – what specific problem you want to solve. If your team has a whole bunch of great ideas you may want to take a vote.